Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A quick note to update all. We sailed for the past few days to Chub Cay where we are waiting for a weather window to return to the USA. We decided on Friday that it was not worth the extra cost to fly Ann home while Darrell just sits waiting for her to come back to sail home. Turns out that was a bad choice because Mother Nature has other ideas. Anyway the plan was for me to do laundry here at the marina and access internet. I am being eaten up by "no seeums" and mosquitos and I forgot the laundry soap! So I am frantically typing so I can trudge with all my stuff back about 100 yards to the dinghy to go back and do laundry by hand or not at all. I also don't have proper change for the machines! LOL

The great news is that the last three or four days of sailing are more like what we signed on for not like the trip over and down where we were constantly going into the wind. We hope for winds behind us to cross the Gulf Stream this time.....keep fingers crossed. Either that or we may have to motor the entire way. The best thing is fuel - we put 11 gallons of diesel in ALIBI yesterday and that was for the past 10 days - we used more water than we did diesel!!!

Gotta go - I'm being carried away!

XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found your blog; read it cover to cover and it sounds like you've swallowed the cruising bug for sure. Isn't it a wonderful lifestyle? Martha and Al

    ReplyDelete